Sunday 30 December 2012

40daysbefore40 day 6: ode to my lover xxx

''welcome to the moment of life''


i danced to honour you today my lover

our waltz around the room of 12 months is drawing near the end

kicking out time soon and i want a proper farewell

i danced the steps we created together

you whirled me around the floor and swept me off my feet

you teased me and whispered late into the nights

of half eaten dreams

of love around the corners

of places to travel arm in arm

in cahoots armed only with a secret plan

so secret i never knew

you showed me your world dear lover

i showed you mine

we lay together entwined

we sang and argued

we laughed and sighed and cried

i tried to kick you out and left the door on the latch

and yet you didnt leave

you ole faithful

you stayed with me

all year

12 months

my lover

2012

it is time to say goodbye

to go our seperate ways

i am due to meet a new lover at the stroke of midnight

its an impossible love affair

we cant continue prolong the inevitable

lets be graceful and drop each others hands

and part with such sweet sorrow

thank you for the dance

thanks for the memories

and for the moments called my life

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment